Aug 30, 2011

The Cashier at Homegoods and Heavy Legs!



Today during lunch I decided to venture off to...
Where everyone knows your name! 

I needed to pick up a measuring cup because a few weeks ago it shattered in my sink (along with my glass blender) Yikes.  I also wanted to get some ideas for what we can put on our walls in our bathroom. 

My purchases: Yankee Candle - Merlot (I can smell wine!) and a Measuring Cup!  As many of you know, I can be a friendly person (don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn here), but when I got to the cashier guy, I said "Hello!" and he didn't respond, so I just thought he wasn't having the best of days. Ah well, sorry guy.   When he handed me the receipt to sign, he asked me "Boy or Girl?"  I was so surprised that he asked me because it was the very first time that a stranger recognized that I was pregnant AND after he didn't say hello to me, I was not expecting that! It took me a second to answer, I smiled and said "It's a girl."  He was so happy and he said hi little girl and see you in 9 months! haha I said, 4! 


Imagine I wasn't pregnant and he asked me that, wow, that would just be wrong.  That's why I feel like women don't ask until they really know for sure.  You don't want to offend any ladies out there! The dress I wore today was more of an empire cut (non-maternity) and so maybe that gave him the cue to ask.  Here's a VERY blurry picture that I took in my work bathroom at the end of the day:


It's very hard for me to take a pic with one hand.
The cashier at HomeGoods pretty much made my day!  I wish I got his name!

I wanted to share a couple of products that I've grown to love! Whenever I'm on my feet for a while (cooking in the kitchen usually or even shopping) I noticed that part of my ankles tend to swell up a little.  It's not a lot but enough for me to notice.  So what do I use to help with my "heavy feet" days?

Lucky Legs by Mama Mio! 

This product has such a great cooling sensation when you first put it on. Smells like spearmint and it has a nice glow to it. Here's the description from the company's site:

A mini spa treatment that glides on to instantly cool and ease weary limbs from knees to tip toes. Leaves a super-subtle sparkly-shimmer on your shins and a spring in your step.
We demand a lot from our legs and feet. They carry us around all day, walking, running, skipping, jumping; even dancing ‘til dawn in highly impractical but gorgeous shoes. 
Who needs it? Any woman who complains about her tired achy legs and feet (who doesn’t?). Safe to use when pregnant or carrying any other kind of heavy load for an extended period (ie the mortgage, holiday sales shopping, your best mate’s secret).
All of us can benefit from this amazing pick-me-up to feel instantly refreshed and walking on air.
You can get it at Amazon ($19.50)

Another smelly product that I LOVE and probably will have to continue to buy is:
I can't explain to you how delicious this smell is.  The combo of coconut and lime just brings you to the caribbean.  Nelson also loves the smell and he's not someone that likes smelly creams.  It's so smooth and when you put it on your skin, you feel like your skin is drinking this cream. GULP GULP GULP! Go out and buy it, it's Certified Organic! Amazon has it for $15.95.  Worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment