Aug 2, 2011

Fun Pregnant Tuesday

This week is the last week I have off for the summer and then it's back to business at Hofstra.  School will be starting after labor day, so we have to make sure we are all prepped and ready to go for the incoming students.  I'm actually looking forward to the semester since it will be much busier and make the days go by fast.  Let's see if I feel the same way in October when we are way busy.


Anywho, I decided to try to make the most of this last week.  Yesterday I took Erin (my niece) to see The Smurfs.  It was an OK movie.  It was only 1 hr 40 min long but it felt much longer.  It's a kid movie, so what could you expect.  I never realized how many times Smurfs used the word smurf before.  "What the Smurf is wrong with you?" "No Smurfing around!" 

Today was beach day with the Coyle's (my brother, Kerry, Erin, and Jack).  I drove to their place in the AM so that we could all leave from there.  One thing though... I couldn't find my keys when I was leaving.  Nelson and I were tracking my steps from the night before.  They weren't on the key holder, and they weren't on the kitchen counter.  Nelson checked the basement since that's where we come in from parking the car and nope they weren't there either.  Then I had a feeling to go to the door and this is what I found...
Yikes! I left my keys in the door overnight!!! I have become SOOO VERY ABSENTMINDED lately! I have a case of Pregnancy brain! Didn't think that really happened but thanks to all the wonderful hormones that pregnant women endure, yes, it certainly does happen.  I find myself stopping mid sentence while talking to Nelson so I can put something away in the fridge and then I can not remember for the life of me what I was going to say.  It's seriously bad and I'm going to have to start writing things on my hand if I don't have a little pad around.  I have a little notebook that I keep in my purse, so I will have to have my random thoughts in there or just wear post it notes on my belly.

Thank goodness I got my keys and no one broke into our home!  

We went to Rockaway Beach in Queens and got there around 9am.  Perfect place to park and the beach was clean.  The waves were very light and the water was a cool temperature.  I went in a few times and it was so cute when Erin walked in the ocean with me.  She asked "Can the baby breathe in there while you are in the water?" I chuckled inside and I said yes the baby is swimming inside too.  

After a few hours at the beach, we packed up, came home and ate some yummy pizza.  When I got to my place, I decided not to do anything but take a shower and lay in bed.  Lately we have been playing some music for baby Roo (Mozart/classical) so I played some music while I relaxed.  It's so funny because this past week, whenever I lay down and lean against our wall, that's when I feel the baby kick. He/she also kicks when I play the music.   It felt like bubbles popping at first and now it feels like someone inside there pushing out really quickly.  It's such a funny, cool feeling that I always giggle when I feel it. I just told Nelson that this is the best position to feel Roo's kicks and he got excited because he thinks that Roo will be the next big soccer player out there.  


Kick all you want baby! You need to get in your soccer practice! Just watch out for my kidneys.

No comments:

Post a Comment