Aug 21, 2011

4 months away!

Well probably 4 months and 1 week away (if BGC comes on time).


I'd like to start this blog entry with a very happy note (so the good news part of this weekend, then we'll hit ya with the bad news, don't worry we are all fine)


Good news is...
This morning when I woke up I went to lay on my back, felt my tummy for my normal good morning hello to our daughter and I felt her kick from the outside. Normally, I just feel her from within, but she got me good.  I put Nelson's hand on my tummy and once she kicked he said "Oh!" and then she did it again.  He actually said, "She must be building her own bathroom in there too, since there's not a lot of room to move in." So yay, Nelson can now feel our baby girl.  It only happens when I'm laying down or leaning against the wall on our bed, hasn't happened yet while sitting or standing.  She's actually kicking/punching now as I'm typing so she's saying "hello guys!" 


Some more good news is...I picked a carrot from our Queen's garden!
lol isn't it so cute? Of course I didn't eat it. Since it made both of us laugh this weekend, I kept it around so that if we needed a quick pick me up, I took it out and we would instantly smile.

Ok now for the bad news and since I'm hyping it up, it may not sound so bad anymore but it did bum us out, mostly Nelson, and I just felt bad because I couldn't do anything about it.
Remember our beautifully painted bathroom walls that Nelson worked DAYS on because of all the sanding and spackling? It was perfect, no seams at all:


Well, just by chance, Nelson went to where the sink would go (We are having a family friend install the toilet and sink this week).  He noticed that the bolts and screws of where the sink would go kept on turning and turning so what that meant was that the sink would never be secure.  So what did he have to do to fix this problem?

He had to cut into the wall to get to the bolts. :( All of that hard work that he put into the walls (measuring sheetrock, spackling, and sanding was just completely taken away). BOO! I felt so bad!  You see where the level is? Those bolts were sticking out from the wall and that's what just kept on turning.  There was no other solution than to take it out.  

So needless to say, the family picnic in CT that we were planning on going to today, was out of the picture for us. Oh well, things happen for a reason!

Today, we ended up making a trip to home depot to get some supplies.  Nelson had the bright idea to cover the existing hole with of course sheetrock but then go up the wall with some pretty tile (this was our original idea and we just strayed away from it because of time, but this in fact would save us more time because Nelson wouldn't have to spackle and sand again which takes days)  

Nelson worked away today while I did my normal exercise/cooking routine:

Nelson covered the hole fairly quickly!

This was the tile we bought for that wall section. 

I love it! Looks great in person. 

Nelson's a happy camper now! 

He finished tiling after this photo.  It goes straight to the top.  

Woooweeee what a lot of work for Nelson.  Thank God he knows how to figure stuff out, because I would never!  I actually went to Home Depot for a 2nd time today to pick up bolts for Nelson and it took me a good half hour to figure out which one to buy EVEN with a sample in my hand.  Home Depot to me is just like a supermarket is to Nelson. 

That was our weekend, in the end it all worked out and thank you Daddy Nelson for being such a hard worker!  

No comments:

Post a Comment