Aug 18, 2011

Blog dedication - Mom and Career Center!

Tonight's blog is dedicated both to my mother and The Career Center at Hofstra.  Today is Mom Tula's bday so Happy Birthday Grandma Lana! And today The Career Center Clan got together and had our summer retreat before school starts back up in a few weeks. 


Our day started off with some bonding while we played pictionary on our smartboard.  It was a lot of fun.  Right now I can't remember what some of the drawings were but I can show you one:


Suzanne drew this and it's her version of Siamese twins.  Deanna got this one right away but I thought it was a little girl holding a balloon.  


Then we went out to a yummy lunch at BK Sweeney's, Uptown Grill in swanky Garden City, Long Island.


Danielle, me, Jayne, Chaundra, MaryBeth, and Fred.  We are enjoying our appetizers and I'm enjoying my virgin Bloody Mary. Yummy! 
a non-staged candid photo of course - while I'm holding an oh so healthy cheese fry.

Joe, Suzanne, Danielle, me Jayne, Chaundra, MaryBeth, Fred, and Enza. Deanna is missing since she volunteered to be the photographer. Thanks De!

Then after our very filling lunch, we all went to play some mini golf.  This morning it was raining so we thought we might have to go bowling instead.  To make sure that I could bowl, I called the "Future Mom's program" that my health insurance provides.  It's a great service because there are nurses available to talk 24/7.  It was pretty funny explaining to the nurse why I was calling, "Um, so my office is going on a retreat today and we may go bowling.  Can I bowl with a 6 pound bowl and throw it from a squatting position like a 6 year old?" The nurse couldn't help but chuckle and said this was the first time she was asked this question and there wasn't any material regarding pregnant women and bowling.  She said that she hoped I could bowl but just to make sure, I should call my doctor.  So I did that, and again I stumped the front desk nurses.  They called me back during lunch and left a voicemail saying that the Dr said it was fine to go bowling. Of course I looked online and it said it was fine, but you never can be too safe!

Mini golf was so much fun, but oh so hot! We split up into 2 teams, "Team Beautiful," which was our team, and "Team Down Lowe." At least that's what I remember of the name. If I messed it up, sorry other team.  Here are some photos...

Yes, pregnant women can mini golf!

I think I got the ball in the 2nd shot.  I don't know golf terminology so just bear with me.
There's Team Down Lowe.  Both Danielle, the one in the middle, and Chaundra in front, lost their balls in the golf pond.  tsk tsk tsk! DISQUALIFIED!  

I think this is a celebratory shot of getting it in the 2nd time again!

Deanna! Don't do it!

Suzanne and Danielle striking a pose!
Deanna saving someone's ball! 

Another celebratory shot!

Fred enjoying mini golf with Team Beautiful!
We don't follow rules!

Deanna hates when people tell her what to do! 
Even though our Team Beautiful kicked Team Down Lowe's butt, we still liked each other enough for a group photo.

It was an awesome bonding experience with the Career Center staff and we are now excited to get the semester started!  

Then after a very hot day of mini golf, I went to my parent's house for a bday celebration.  I didn't take many photos, but when I arrived, I saw this:

Jack loves his tools and can name each and every one.  He says that he wears the hat for "safety."

This was when Grandma was opening up her presents.  She got a stand mixer and toaster oven. I like this picture and it's because I'm trying to figure out what Nelson is doing in the background.  Is he about to put something in his mouth? Is he about to sneeze? I just don't know. I know it's mean, but sometimes a feeling fat pregnant woman needs a good laugh :)

1 comment:

  1. Pregnant and beautiful my dear...and yes I can't stop laughing at nel in the pic.xo

    ReplyDelete