Aug 26, 2011

Oh Man, Now We Can't Name Our Daughter Irene!!!!

Haha JK! Wouldn't you like to know?! The theme of our summer = not traveling away for the weekend because of the weather.  First it was CT and bad weather canceling our family BBQ and now this weekend we were going to visit our cousins in the Hamptons but because IRENE is coming, we are hunkering down in our little Queens home.  Plans for the weekend - watching movies (while the electricity lasts, making cookies, and napping... A LOT)

In other news, I'm not the only that needs special treatment during pregnancy.  The hubster needs my undivided attention too, well at least his foot does.  Yesterday I had to go visit Nelson in the city at his physical therapist's office.  Something's up with his right foot, not sure what it is, but it's possibly a tendon injury from when he ran the muddy marathon in NJ in April...
There's Nelson with his orange head band.  Looking all bad ass. I'm sure this is the exact moment where he injured his right foot. :)  Our friends Ryan Noggle in yellow and Mark Fox in orange are part of this fun run photo.

The physical therapist at the Doc's office was very nice and thorough.  He trained me on how to tape up his foot.  Before we started, I said "My father's a physician, so I think I got this one, it's pretty much in my blood."  I have to say that I was pretty nervous on messing it up.  God forbid I tape Nelson's foot the wrong way and then he starts walking like a duck.  To be sure that I have some guidance on my own, Nelson videotaped it from my phone.  While I was watching it this morning, my first reaction was "God, my stomach! Couldn't ya get a better angle?" OK OK I'm pregnant, but it just looks like a muffin top to me!  I will never show this video to anyone, EVER! :)  However, here's a picture of me taping Nelson's foot this morning:

Can you see the fear in my eyes? I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.  If I don't and Nelson starts to complain that I'm doing it wrong, I'll just use the tape to shut his mouth! :)  Happy Hurricane Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment