Aug 12, 2011

Friday night at the Castro's

So proud of Nelson.  He's made a lot of progress in our bathroom downstairs. He primed the walls and painted the ceiling today.  I told him that we should just keep it as a very small photography studio since it's all white. He agreed so we won't have a new bathroom on the 1st floor. We need to take photos of our newborn anyways! Of course I'm kidding. Nelson said that I can have the honors to use the bathroom first.  Woohoo! I can't wait to not have to walk up the stairs every time.  

As Nelson was working away, I took care of laundry, did a mini workout, and prepped for our family bbq on Sunday.  

Since I weighed myself this morning and wasn't pleased with what I saw, I made it a point to eat a very healthy dinner tonight:


Mixed organic greens, with tomato from my parent's garden, soy chicken-less strips, olives, and 1 pickle spear (weird I know).  

I read in the Dr Oz book that at this point of the pregnancy, the baby swallows the amniotic fluid and what I eat, the baby will taste and it can possibly affect the baby's nutrition later in life.  So do you mean that if I eat spinach every day, Baby Girl Castro will love to eat greens? Hmmm I'm not sure I believe that.  Kids like kids food, but of course I will try my best to eat as healthy as possible.

This week was an off week for me.  I didn't exercise as much as I wanted too (2 days of yoga, a short walk, and 1 swimming) Usually I sweat more so I feel like that contributed to me feeling a little off (on the scale) Also I ate out 3 times this week (once for dinner, and twice for lunch.)  My body is not used to that so as Dr. Oz said in his book, I have to pull on the reigns.  I know I'm pregnant and all but I'm really not eating for 2, it's really 1.1 (again according to Dr. O). 

I also noticed this week that my heartburn kicks in a lot more with greasy and spicy foods.  I love spicy food, so it will be hard for me to avoid all spicy stuff.  I had to make Nelson try the Buffalo wing dip that I made for the bbq this sunday, because when I tried just a tiny bit, the heart burn showed up.  Oh granola! 

Well not a very entertaining Friday night, but very productive.  Great job Nelson!  Have a happy Weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment