Aug 10, 2011

Following my own advice...

In the previous post, I mentioned that I need to chill out.  So I've been doing just that :) 
During lunch today, I went for a swim at the Hofstra swimming pool.  I'm very lucky that A) I get a lunch hour (working in tv, sometimes a lunch hour doesn't exist) and B) there are great workout facilities at Hofstra that are F-R-E-E!


Usually on Thursdays I would take the spinning class offered at Hofstra, but instead, I will be going to a Prenatal Yoga class on Long Island.  I'm really looking forward to it! 


So after work today, I decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi. Can't beat it if you find a good place for $15 bucks.  I got there at around 5:40 and didn't leave until 7pm! I was a little annoyed towards the end bc I was STARVING! For my fingers, I chose "Island hopping" and my toes "Footloose"


The color looks kinda dull here but it's like a mauvy purple.
My feet are not very photogenic.  I took like 10 pictures and just decided to give up.

Here is the Essie footloose swatch:

Here's a better version of my nail color but with bows!

So as I was saying, I was starving. I even left the nail salon after only a few minutes under the dryer just because I needed to get out of there.  Nelson was staying in the city to have a few drinks with his friends and I decided not to cook dinner - I couldn't mess up my nails! Plus I wanted to eat something as soon as possible. 

I decided to order from a Thai/Japanese place by our house. I got the Drunken Noodle!
Again not my photo.  The baby requested Drunken Noodle and sometimes you gotta give in to the kid when you know she's right.  Plus, since I can't get drunk, at least my noodles can!!!!!  My hunger was cured and I watched the Next Food Network Star during my meal. I love that show!

So that was pretty much my day, oh I forgot - I slept wonderfully last night.  I still get up to go to the ladies room but that is now only expected with the baby girl. AND my metal mouth seems to be fading away! There are still hints of it here and there but not as much as before.

I'd like to end this blog entry with a few cutesy things that I see on the sites (http://www.zulily.com/ & http://www.totsy.com/) Both which you have to sign up for, which is free and easy. My other preggers Page friend Jenna recommended these sites to me (Thanks Jenna!)  She is actually due with a Baby boy a few weeks before me.  Yay!

I can't help but look at the cute little clothes, but I will refrain from making ANY purchases (at least until the nursery is done so we can have a place to store them, shhhh don't tell Nelson)








I liked this one bc he/she looks like a mini karate master

No comments:

Post a Comment