Aug 22, 2011

Spinning, Spinning, Spinning Around

After 3 weeks of not going to spin class, today I finally went spinning after work.  My coworker Joe came with me and when we got on the bikes, he said "You're gonna take her for a ride."  First I thought he meant that I was going to take the bike for a ride, but he actually meant BGC, duh me!  Yea she came with me for a ride alright! 

It was a little tough at first since I haven't gone in a while but it did feel good to get a good sweat.  I also made sure I was going at my own pace with being under 140 beats per minute.  To help me get through the class, I would close my eyes and imagine BGC punch and kick out to the music.  It made me laugh and helped me get my legs up the hill.  Somewhat similar to this video:

I made sure to drink plenty of water during and after class.  Last time I had leg cramps in the middle of the night.  In addition to that I made sure to have plenty of potassium when I got home:
Coconut water has a lot of potassium and other minerals to help with rehydrating.  This is also great for hangovers!
My dinner for the evening was cereal (a mix of 3 types: kashi, bran flakes, cheerios) with blueberries, bananas, and wheat germ.  

Take that leg cramps! 

Remember that day I weighed myself and said it was NOT a good idea to weigh myself?  Well that day, to make me feel better, I ordered a few things from Old Navy (sorry Nelson).  They just arrived today and to be quite honest I forgot what I ordered, thats what happens when you impulse shop online.  I got leggings, yoga pants, tshirt, and tank top.  Haven't tried them on yet, but will let you know how it all holds up.

While I was looking up images for tonight's blog I saw these tshirts.  Thought they were cute, but I won't spend the money on them! I promise!

Great for a medical intern

Womb Potato

Buns in the Oven!
It's baby Roo!
At last but not least...
Our little Christmas present

1 comment:

  1. The video of the baby made me laugh out loud - I pictured you and the baby dancing during spin class! : )

    ReplyDelete