Aug 27, 2011

During this pregnancy, so far Baby C and I have experienced...

Seeing Dolphins together in Turks and Caicos.  We actually found out we were pregnant in Turks in Caicos on our Anniversary trip, what a great surprise.


Then we had an earthquake on August 23rd and honestly I didn't feel it because I was busy shopping in Bed Bath and Beyond during our lunch hour.  But BGC might have felt it!  Nelson felt it at work, he said the building was swaying.


And now we are expecting a Hurricane.  It's been all over the news but we don't think it will be THAT bad.  Regardless we are prepared with water, lights, and batteries.


We have lots to share with Baby Girl Castro when she comes out into this world.  I can hear myself now "When you were punching away in my stomach, we were hanging in tight during a Category 1 Hurricane that the whole world was talking about.  They even took pictures from space!"



Since we've been home each weekend taking care of stuff, I wanted to make a point to get out in the AM to get some exercise.  What's ironic is that I got this in my inbox today from "What to Expect":

Don't just take it from me — scientific research shows that you're not the only one who benefits from pregnancy exercise. Apparently, babies of moms who exercise throughout pregnancy score higher, on average, on general intelligence tests by age five. So, at 23 weeks pregnant, not only will your workout boost your muscle power but baby's brain power too!

After reading that, I was even more pumped to work out! We want our baby to be a genius! :)

Last night, I was looking at photos from our Turks and Caicos trip and I would like to share with you a before photo:
This is a Victoria's Secret bathing suit and it's supposed to be a push up, and I actually thought it did just that but then compared too....
This photo...There's been a bit of growth.  It's pretty amazing how the woman's body changes during pregnancy.  I was quite hesitant for posting this photo because it looks like I just rolled out of bed and I have chicken legs with being plump up top, but again I just have to get over myself :)  The tank top is one of my purchases from Old Navy.  I like it a lot bc all of my other tanks are too short right now.  23 weeks!!! 

Nelson will be working on the bathroom today, installing base boards along the wall, sanding off the grout that's remaining on the wall, painting the walls a different color (bc the tiles in the light look more green than clear), and installing some fixtures for paper and towels.  At least we have a toilet and sink!!!!





A little messy right now with the saw on the ground, but we are now seeing a bathroom!!! Progress!
Ok time for me to do some laundry and cleaning! Stay safe in the Hurricane! 

1 comment: