Aug 8, 2011

Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us Break!!

If I have to go into another Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby this week, I will have a melt down like a 2 year old.  Saturday, Sunday, AND today I have been to baby stores.  I am thankful for having them nearby but there's only enough bright colored toys, cribs, binkys, high chairs, car seats, blankets, and bumbos a girl can take!!!
It's just information overload and I need to take a break.  Yesterday, my parents, Nelson and I went to Buy Buy Baby to show Nelson and my father the crib set that my mother and I liked from the day before.  Nelson loved it and because of his major computer skills, the night before he created a computer generated layout of the nursery with the furniture.  Thanks Nelson for doing that because if it wasn't for him, we probably would have a lot more furniture in that room with no space to walk around.  Yes ladies, I married him for his geekiness! I love it! 

So when we got down to business to order the pieces, the employee asked us if we had the 20% Buy Buy Baby coupons.  Oh I had no idea these coupons existed.  Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath and Beyond are under the same company, so they have that awesome coupon policy.  So instead of buying all the stuff yesterday and then coming back to have an adjustment when the furniture arrives, we went back today with all the coupons.  We just signed up at buybuybaby.com/circulars.asp and got the coupons emailed to us.  What is ALSO awesome about BBB, you can use 1 coupon for each item. SO, we signed Nelson, Jeffrey, Kerry, Lana and me up for the coupons and we used a coupon for each piece of furniture.  Talk about savings!!! 

The nursery set is made by Mother Hubbard, rated A in the Baby Bargains books and great reviews on line.  It's all made in Canada so it will take approximately 8 - 12 weeks to get here.  I had no idea you would have to wait that long for a crib and 2 other pieces, but I guess baby's furniture is just like adult furniture.  I asked the guy that worked there if they get mothers ready to deliver looking for cribs and apparently more ladies show up later to get their stuff.  

Nelson and I thought we were gonna go with white, but after seeing the Baby Bear Brown  model, we thought this would be ideal.  Check out Grandpa Tula - Looks like he's ready to steal a baby from the crib. The other piece we ordered is not in the photo because it was a separate order.  We couldn't do a hutch, so we went with a taller dresser.  In NY, you need to build up, not out.

Well I'm taking a baby break this week.  I've been deleting emails from baby companies and other stuff.  I lost sleep last night and I have a feeling it's because I've been in baby stuff mode.  

Oh and I still have that nasty metal taste in my mouth. Bleh.  I called the doc, just waiting to hear back, I'm sure it's just hormones!  If I watch a sappy movie tonight and cry my eyes out, then there's my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment