Oct 24, 2011

My Pregnancy Bear

I wrote about this a while ago when talking about my nighttime sleep ritual.  I have a little stuffed Met's bear that I sleep with every night.  I usually tuck him under my arm and he keeps me cozy.  I never have been one to sleep with stuffed animals and I know it may sound weird but he's been with me throughout the pregnancy so I need to keep him around.

Yesterday, my brother, father and Nelson worked VERY hard on the house.  They replaced two doors upstairs and took out the nursery closet's door.  When I got home (at about 730pm) Nelson was still hard at work and he was covered with dust.  Poor guy.  Needless to say our bedroom and hallway was a dust-ball and we cleaned up shop quickly.  We needed to replace all of our bedding as well just in case there was dust.  SO, I also had to give up teddy for the night.  :(  Nelson threw him in the wash and when I was leaving this morning to go to work, he was hanging out to dry:

He looks pretty happy now since he's all clean, but he's nakey!

This morning I realized, thanks to the radio, that in 2 months it will be Christmas Eve.  This is sort of freaking me out.  And it doesn't help when I get emails about Christmas shopping and clothes...
 Yes this is cute, but it's a reminder that we have 9 weeks til we have a little lady coming into this world.  There's this mental checklist that I have in my head ranging from what to pack for the hospital, to what food to have in the freezer before all havoc breaks loose.  Well one thing is for sure, is that we have a wonderful support system of family and friends, so I guess I just have to take a chill pill and know that everything will be peachy keen!


Oh and today BGC has decided to kick me right under my right set up ribs during the day.  I've been catching myself saying, "Dude! Seriously?!" Always with a smile on my face of course, but I never say dude, so it's a little strange to hear me say that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment