Oct 27, 2011

I'm not superwoman...

I'm still sick, thought I was feeling better yesterday but then towards the end of the day it hit me hard.  The positive - baby girl doesn't feel sick, I'm just taking it for the team.  I got up this morning, took a shower, and then realized that I just couldn't see myself get in the car and drive.  So I waved the white flag and called out.  I don't like calling out because for 1 - I feel guilty because my student appointments are either cancelled or someone else has to cover them and 2 - it's something out of my control and the only thing I can do is wait and rest, both of which can be very boring.  I know it could be worse, so I'll stop my complaining :)

Here's my kitchen counter for today (minus the tissues)
My mocktail is a combination of OJ and Pomegranate juice. Yummy.  My mom will be bringing me soup later today but I have a reserve just in case! I also feel like I'm a VAPORUB junkie, I can't get enough of it.  I put it in steaming water and I breath it in, feels good but can be intense.

Oh and I've been doing the Neti Pot...
except that I don't wear an elf hat and ears.  I don't really enjoy doing it.  I dislike having any water going up through my nose.  So much so that I wear a noseplug when I go swimming.  Dorky I know, but it's just this thing that I can't get over.  So when I tried it the other night, Nelson chuckled at me when I finally got it to work.  At first it was difficult because I was pretty much swallowing the salt water.  Felt gross.  

On a pregnancy note, last night I went to a breast-feeding class.  It was very interesting but it was hard to take it all in since I wasn't feeling all that great.  I'm excited to breastfeed and I think it's amazing that the baby can learn on their own within an hour of birth.  Skin to Skin contact directly after birth is the most ideal way to get the baby familiarized with latching.  Within an hour, the baby goes through 8 stages: from birth cry, relaxing, crawling, to finally suckling.  The video was amazing to see how the baby just knows how to do it.  It's just like when animals give birth, it's all instinctual.   So hopefully BGC and I will get to experience what they call "The Magical Hour!" 

Ok time for my grapefruit! Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment