Oct 7, 2011

Huffin' and Puffin'

It's been quite a busy week.  October is usually the busiest month at Hofstra, hence the lack of posts.

I had 3 programs this week - one being a Resume Workshop for Communication Majors. 
I work with the School of Communication (which I love) since I was in the industry before.  So whenever I get a chance to present in my old stomping grounds, I feel at home.  I noticed though that I was very short of breath when I was presenting on Resumes.  It was as if I was jogging and chatting.  Did the students think I was a heavy smoker or did they know I was preggers? I can't remember what I wore that day (pregnancy brain).  Regardless, it threw me off but I realized that this was a normal part of pregnancy.  Hormones and she's sucking the breath and brain right out of me :)

I've been on the hunt for nice clothes and dresses (specifically for the baby showers).  I have 2 backups but I also ordered this dress from Gap Maternity.
Unfortunately it fit my belly, but my "ladies" were squished in there so it was not at all flattering.  Oh well at least it looks nice on this chic.

I did just discover a new site called - http://www.minefornine.com It's pretty much like Bag, Borrow, or Steal for maternity.  You can rent the clothes and return it after a certain amount of time (1 month) or you can buy it at the full cost.  I think I might actually try to it out for a dress. I like this one because of the cap sleeves:




I'm leaning more towards the blue but the pink is cute too.  To borrow it, it's cost $30 bucks.  not bad right?

The only downside is that if you don't like how it looks then you can return it for store credit only.  We'll see. I'm a chicken when it comes to online clothes shopping especially if you can't get the original refund.  If I have no luck next week, I may pull the trigger and "borrow" this dress.

Since it's Friday, we tend to get a little loopy in the office.  We took a 5 minute photo shoot break.  Thanks Deanna for being the wonderful Photographer!
Doing the Pregasaurus Rex!
Pregnant women can still squat!
oh oh, it's a dance part with Danielle!
oh no! Danielle is gonna eat the baby!
Danielle showing me how to do a baby belly pic
BGC and me
and last but not least, the Photographer.  Don't mess with us!

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment