Oct 4, 2011

A Little Taste of Parenthood

Well, not exactly, but it sure did feel like it...

BEEP...
    BEEP...
      BEEP...
SMOKE DETECTOR BEEPS ARE THE WORST!!!

Last night when we went to bed, we noticed that there was a short beep coming from the smoke detector.  So instead of fixing the problem right then and there because we thought that it might magically not make noise later on, we decided to take care of it in the morning.

During my hourly run to the bathroom, the beep went off twice in a row.  A little frustrated, I went downstairs and grabbed the detector and "hushed" it.  About 10 minutes later, it went off AGAIN!!!

This was a bad movie! So then it was Nelson's turn to get up.  He got up, did the same thing I did and then put it in our guest room under pillows and the comforter.  AGAIN, 5 minutes later, BEEP!!!!

UGH!!! So he got up AGAIN and we came to realize that it was the OTHER smoke detector, located in the basement.  He ended up taking the battery out and then peace and quiet came back to our lives again.

BUT only problem was, that I could not go back to bed.... So I would like to compare last night to our future sleepless nights with a crying baby.  My turn, then Nelson's turn, then my turn.  Yea yea, I know, there's "no true comparison" and "we don't know what we're in for" and "you'll wish that you had those smoke detector nights" but regardless, at least we will be up with another human being.  That's the dreadful part of not being able to fall back asleep - You are alone and can't talk to anyone. But I will have many conversations with BGC and maybe I'll even chat with her in ESPANOL.  Oh nenita, por favor no llores, todo esta bien. besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment