Oct 17, 2011

If it wasn't for Mars Volta and the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

...things may be a little different these days!


Five years ago Nelson and I went to a Red Hot Chili Pepper Concert.  Mars Volta, a really loud and noise clanging type of band opened up for the Peppers.  We both didn't particularly like them, and in order for us to "live" through the noise, we held each others hand.  From that moment on, we were both hooked to each other (well I'll speak for myself) but since we never really had an official anniversary, we decided later on that October 17, 2006 was our special day. 

So today's blog post is dedicated to the wonderful man that I call my husband and will soon be called Daddy (well we actually started calling him daddy).  He's been amazing throughout this whole pregnancy journey.   He's made my pregnancy easier and easier each day with the amount of support he's provided.  Ok ok, enough of the mushy stuff, but had to say that I'm so happy that we went to see that awful bad Mars Volta.  The Chili Peppers were pretty awesome and put on a great show.  And the rest was history!!! 

Here are some old school photos of the future parents from 2006...

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... I look a little disheveled in the second photo. Must be because we danced our butts off that night. :) For the record, I consider myself the lucky one in finding Kat. Happy Fifth Holding Hands At The Chili Peppers Concertiversary!

    ReplyDelete