Sep 30, 2011

A Good Way to Make a Pregnant Lady Nervous...

During lunch today, I went to BJ's to get the typical chips and hummus for Nelson (my cart is in the right part of the pic) and I saw XMAS decorations! WHAT?! WHY SO EARLY? This made me just a tad bit nervous, just because A) have to start xmas shopping soon B) uh HELLO BABY! and C) BABY

Of course I'm very excited for BGC's arrival, but the xmas decorations was a smack in the face, and they made me feel that she's coming next week.  We have some time but still, BJ's maybe you could have laid low on the holiday stuff until at least late october?  Ah well.  

So this past week, I've been feeling that uncomfortable, tight back feeling.  Welcome to the Third Trimester!  I've been trying to be positive and moving around does help a lot.  Today at BJ's an angel named Melanie was working as a heating pad sales lady.  When I saw her selling stuff at her table, I just walked right by because I didn't want to get sucked in and buy something that I did not need.  After I got most of my stuff, I actually had to go back to that area and of course I stopped by that table.  She said "I know you are having some low back pain and shoulder stiffness."  But how did she know?  She was pregnant twice (both girls), and she totally sold me.  She put the heating pad on my back and also on my shoulders and it was instant, wonderful relief.  I could have stayed their for a good twenty minutes.  She was very sweet and I bought the pack with the back heating pad, shoulder pad, and 4 hand warmers.  They all can be cold as well.   SOLD! The product is called BodyComfort and all you do is snap this little metal clip that's located in the pouch and presto, it warms up and lasts for an hour.  You can reuse it over and over.  Nelson liked it too! 

I used it when I got home and AHHH awesome.  Fell right asleep on the couch and I HARDLY sleep on our couch.  I can feel that I'm slowing down and needing to relax more.  


During the day, I tried to keep mindful of my posture.  In prenatal yoga yesterday, the teacher kept on telling me to tuck my tail bone under and keep my shoulders straight and back.  It's pretty hard to do that when you feel your stomach pulling your lower part of your body forward.  When I was walking I felt like I had books on the top of my head, just like the good ol' days.  Hopefully the good posture trick will help with the discomfort.  Ok off to ice my back now while we watch some type of movie!  Happy Friday Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment