Sep 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  Next Labor Day we will have our BGC with us and it's pretty amazing to think that.  I can't really remember what we did last labor day weekend, but this and next are definitely ones that I will remember!

On Saturday I had to take 25 college Freshmen to the city.  I didn't think I would be so exhausted by the time I got home, but the heat and concentrating on everyone really made me conk out.  Nelson was actually sick (still kinda is) so I made him some soup and then I knocked out for the night.  Our plans for heading up to CT Saturday night switched to leaving Sunday instead.  I was fine with that!

On Sunday, our first stop was at Del and Anthony's house in Ellington, CT.  They built a new home in 2009 and they put so much hard work and detail in it, that it's always a pleasure going over there.  I feel like I'm in a Real Housewives show on Bravo when I go there, except, they are NOTHING like any of those characters.

This is the front of their home.  Can we please move in?

This is their back patio.  We hung out here for most of the afternoon.  Anthony made me a virgin bloody mary so I wouldn't feel left out.  Thanks Ant!

I normally would never post a photo of me like this.  But I like to think that I will look back at these photos to see what I looked like at 24 weeks.  Nelson said that I could save a few lives with my 2 floating devices.  Thanks Nelson, hardy har har.
Again, a photo that I can look back at.  Face says that I'm oh so happy that Nelson is taking pics of me.

We had a great dinner with Del, Anthony, and Del's mom Ruthie.  We haven't really had quality time with them since we live in NY but also they just opened up a Massage Envy in West Hartford, CT.  They are busy working working working so we appreciate that they spent their very first day off with us in their home.  Thanks guys! Oh and guess who is getting a prenatal massage when I come back to CT? Woohoo, can not wait!

We then made our way to the Castro's and spent the night there so we can wake up and enjoy Labor day with the family.  We also celebrated a belated bday with Mama/Vova Castro.  There's always an abundance of food when we go over there, a pregnant lady's dream.

How can you resist Portuguese bread, straight from the Bakery? Had just 1/2 with my burger, I'm sure BGC will be fine :)

Vova and Cousin Brenna blowing out the bday candles

After much food and laughs, we all departed so we could start our work week.  It's always hard to leave CT since we don't spend much time up there.  Hopefully after all the renovations and preparing for BGC's arrival we will be able to enjoy more quality time with family.

So I decided to take a different form of transportation home, just to make it exciting...
Are you kidding? I would never get on a motorcycle even if I wasn't pregnant! I'm a chicken, but hey no hands while sitting on a moto! What a rebel! You see pregnant ladies can do LOTS OF THINGS!

Well time for bed now, Hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoy the week ahead! I'm welcoming the Fall with open arms, then Winter (EEK!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment