Sep 23, 2011

All Sugared Up!

This morning I woke up early so I could make sure I could eat before the glucose test.  You don't have to fast for the glucose test, but you have to make sure you don't eat anything for 2 hours before they draw your blood. At 9:13 I finished my orange drink, which tasted like Vitamin Water but with extra sugar.  I actually didn't mind it at all and I didn't really feel any side effects.  Some people actually feel nauseous from it, but I guess I like sugar??? I drank it on my way to the doctor's and I could tell that it did wake me up a bit.  I was a little sleepy prior to leaving but ZING the sugar gave me a quick kick. 

They took my blood exactly an hour later (she poked me twice, but my veins are crappy so I'm used to it).  Then the Nurse Practitioner came in and we listened to Baby Girl's heartbeat.  She really liked the sugar drink because she was quite active.  The NP showed me the difference in heartbeat from the placenta and umbilical cord and BGC.  It was amazing to hear the difference.  The appointment was quick and we'll find out the sugar results on Monday or Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

By the time I got to work, I felt like I was coming down from a sugar high.  Yawning and even a slight headache.  Boo! Sugar is no good! I'm fine now but I'm ready to go home!

Here's a picture of my Friday work outfit. Thanks Joe for taking it! :)
Happy Weekend Everybody! Tomorrow I work for a couple of hours then I go see my friend Anna Banana in Rockland County! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment