Sep 24, 2011

Ready to Relax!

This morning I had to work a couple of hours.  It was not so bad at all.  I welcomed parents of new students at a family breakfast.  It was cute to see how proud the parents were.  One day, Nelson and I will be doing the same thing.  I was wondering how the parents were able to "let go" of their kids.  I guess its hard, but when it's time to flee the nest, it's time!

After work, I went up to visit my great friend Anna and her son Jakey.  I didn't take any photos (kicking myself) because Jake is adorable :) He was so social and welcomed me with open arms (he's 2 1/2 years old).  Anna gave me lots of baby goodies and I'm so thankful for everything!!! THANK YOU ANNA!

Last night, Nelson's best friend Danny came in from CT.  Because of the rain and Friday night traffic, it took him 3 hours to get here.  Poor Danny.  He came down to hang out with Nelson and also help around the house.  When I got home today, I found a very pleasant surprise.  Nelson and Danny cleared out the baby's room!  I wish we took a before picture, but if you can imagine a very crowded office with lots of computer monitors and electronic stuff and paper work (from his company Black20), you would be so surprised to walk into this:


It was Nelson's little surprise for me.  I honestly didn't think I would see this room empty for another month or so.  My husband and Danny worked very hard today.  Thank you for almost making me cry :) Lately my hormones have been getting my emotions, especially when watching tv about parents and kids. 

Things are moving along smoothly! They both went out to enjoy a night on the town in the city and I will be hanging at home with my TV and couch. Woohoo! Happy Saturday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment