Nov 8, 2011

Tree Trunks...

So after thinking that I would never get swollen ankles because I drink tons of water and keep my ankles active, I have finally started to experience swollen tree trunk ankles.  Nelson actually compared my legs to elephant legs...
Instead of kicking him with my elephant legs, I laughed. I actually grew a shoe size too, and hopefully my feet get back to normal size.  I read that usually they don't! OH NO!
I've been wearing my ugly shoes that I wore back in 2004 when I had back surgery.
These shoes are 7 years old! Thank goodness i saved them, but I admit, I don't like them at all.  But they are saving me!

I would normally post a photo of my tired feet from this evening, but I don't want to blind you with the ugliness.  Actually I went to a spinning class tonight and thought that the blood flow would help with my swelling, but it didn't help at all.  So I bit the bullet I bought a pair of compression socks...
They will be coming in the mail on Thursday and seeing that they cost about $17!!!! I only bought 1 pair and I'm planning on hand washing them every night until this baby comes out.  I feel like I'm 80 years old!  

This is when Nelson comes in handy! He will be my semi-permanent masseuse for my elephant legs!!  Good night people with normal ankles, I am jealous of your freedom to wear any type of socks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment