Nov 9, 2011

I'm running the Marathon!

Well no I'm not! But hopefully on Thanksgiving Day I will WALK the Manchester Road Race in CT (weather permitting).  Every year since I've celebrated thanksgiving with Nelson in CT, I "ran" more like "jogged" the race.  It's a lot of fun and it's only 4.8 miles.  Today I went to the Doctor and asked him if I could walk it and he said - absolutely by all means and if my heart rate is below 140, I can even jog it if I wanted to.  But seeing that there's a lot of hills, I'm sure walking will be enough for my HR.  I will wear my trusty heart rate monitor and continue on with the Turkey Trot tradition.  Hopefully Nelson will feel up to it... Unfortunately his foot hasn't gotten any better, so maybe I'll BEAT him in the race ;)  Here are the main reasons of why I want to partake in the race again this year:
A runner wearing a real xmas tree

Everyone cheering from their houses
Crazy men - it's always so cold!
Everyone's out before the race
It's the Hartford Whalers guy!
Cute sign
Nelson and I pre-race, cold and ready to go

Our Annual Photo.  Hopefully we can do this again this year!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You will be starting a new tradition for BGC too : )

    ReplyDelete