Nov 27, 2011

29 DAYS LEFT (maybe less, maybe more!) Who's to Say?!

Well I haven't had a chance to sit down in front a computer this past week due to the holiday.  Nelson and I had a great time during our thanksgiving break.  We ate, he drank, and we were merry with family and friends.  A few highlights:

The weather was absolutely gorgeous these past few days and even the best on Thanksgiving Day.  I ended up walking the Manchester Road Race (4.748 miles).  Previous years I jogged it, but this year I knew my limits and I walked.  I had my heart rate monitor on the whole time and even though I walked it, my HR definitely got up there, especially with the crazy hill.  Luckily, I had company on the walk:
My sister in law Sabrina and niece Skylar.  The Manchester Road Race MVP award goes to Sabrina.  Not only did she walk the race, but she also carried her daugher Skylar on her back the majority of the time.  Skylar was just too pooped out to walk the race and because of that Sabrina used her back and arm muscles for a good 3 1/2 miles (if not more).  I felt really bad because I wish I could have helped with the carrying, but I couldn't because I was carrying my own little one, not as heavy but certainly I have put on enough weight to say that I carried a toddler.  

Our crew (minus Nelson) at the end of the race.


After the race, my back was not all the best and my hips probably could have done without all those hills, but regardless I felt good to keep up with the tradition.  NEXT YEAR!!! We will be using our brand new Bob Stroller to drive our little one during the race.  So excited!


We ate a lot and of course I had my share of stuffing! So good!

We got home yesterday afternoon from CT which was actually a good idea.  We got a lot of stuff done around the house, typical chores and we got to relax a bit.  Today my parents came over.  My father helped out Nelson with the nursery and my mom helped me go through all of the baby gifts.  My friend Anna also paid a visit with more gifts! This baby is getting way too spoiled already!

We got through A LOT today, from putting together the swing to putting up our "baby" Christmas tree.
This baby cooperates very well!

My mother in law lent us this 4 ft tree, which was lent to her from her sister (hi Auntie Christine!) and now it is ours for this holiday season.  It is actually perfect for us for this time.  Of course I would love a huge smelly real tree, but to be quite honest, I can't handle it right now.  Neither can Nelson with all the other stuff he has done in this house and continues to do.  This is absolutely perfect and it fulfills our need to be in the Christmas spirit.   I also put out a few other Christmas decorations but nothing huge for this year, which I am very happy about.  I just have to wrap up the presents and we are good to go!

I also got to wash the linens, towels, other cute outfits, and TONS of baby socks. So cute!

So needless to say, I'm done for the night, but before I go, I wanted to post a pic from my 9th week of pregnancy and my 35th week (last week). I just started my 36th week! EEK!


Good night and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment