Jul 1, 2011

Vacation for 2 weeks!





Nelson and I will be flying down to Florida tomorrow for a full week in Fort Lauderdale, woohoo! Nate and Nicole will be coming down as well so we will have plenty of fun! I took the following week off from work too and really have no plans yet.  


I probably will meet up with some friends for lunch or dinner, organize our bathroom closet, go food shopping, water my parent's plants, get another blood test (called AFP), and as I was watering my flowers the idea of going to Babies-R-Us popped in my head.  Not sure if I'm ready for that yet, but I know we should get some ideas for the nursery.  We will see. The thought of being instantly overwhelmed by walking through there just makes me want to wait for Nelson to come with me.  We still have time :)


So since I've been pregnant, I've experienced a variety of body changes, which were to expected, but some things I had no idea were gonna happen until I read them in the pregnancy books and noticed them.  I had NO IDEA that there's an increase in blood flow throughout your body.  According to one site:


Pregnant women experience an increase in blood volume to provide extra blood flow to the uterus and to meet the metabolic needs of the fetus. They also have increased blood flow to their other organs, especially the kidneys. The greater volume brings more blood to the vessels and increases oil gland secretion.


You can actually see your veins closer to your skin because of the increase of blood.  So is this the reason why I have these "hickey" like spots on my rear? I've been taking Spinning classes at my job for the past couple of weeks and last night I had a class.  I was wearing boy shorts to bed last night since it was hot and Nelson asked me what the heck was on my butt.  He thought it was a rash, but I looked in the mirror and it looked as if I had hickeys on my butt! I couldn't help but laugh, especially when Nelson asked who's been sucking my butt.  The markings were exactly where the bike seat was.  First time this ever happened.  Pregnant women can't even get a break when they exercise!


So at first I was self conscious of wearing a bathing suit in Florida but now I'm a little more conscious about my hickey butt!  :)  


And I just saw this, great :)
I have a size 10 already!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment