Jul 17, 2011

The Belly and Bra

Every Sunday, Nelson and I take a photo of the belly progression (we missed a few weeks bc of vacation). I wear the same outfit and stand in front of our bathroom door to try to get some consistency, but its difficult to get the same exact angle, especially when we just want to take it quickly.  


Here are a couple of photos from week 9 and week 17 (today).  I don't see a HUGE difference between the 2 but since I've gained 10 pounds, there is something there!




17 weeks - I'm standing like a soldier "ATTENTION!"

17 weeks - today

Now towards the end of the day, I look way more preggers.  It's bc of the food and maybe bloating.  There's a total difference between the morning and night.  

Yesterday I ran MANY errands, went to BJ's, Babies R Us, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Bob's Discount Furniture.  Can you tell there's a B theme in the places I've been going to? Oh I did stop in Old Navy but walked right out bc they didn't have a maternity section in the store.

I went to Babies R Us to get a stretch mark cream which they had and also do a quick walk through.  I almost grabbed one of the registry guns, but since I was by myself and I had a lot of other things to do, I didn't want to be in there for a few hours.  I ended up finding a maternity clothes rack that I barely looked through.  I did end up getting a pair of jean shorts that were on sale and a sports bra that is also a sports nursing bra.  I had a tough time picking a size.  Since they didn't have fitting rooms, I actually put on the bra over my clothes.  How ridiculous am I? Still I was having trouble which size to get.  The medium fit perfectly but the large had room to grow in.  So how did I solve my problem?  I texted my friend Nadia (who I just saw at BJ's about 10 minutes earlier).  I asked "Do boobs get bigger throughout pregnancy?"  She responded "Yeah they did."  I kinda knew this answer because every month in the "What to Expect" book, one of the physical symptoms that you experience consistently is "Increase in Breast Size."  I just didn't want to believe it, bc mine are already at a size that are pretty manageable.  They feel heavy and there are just going to get heavier.  Awesome.  So I ended up getting the large and already tested it out yesterday during a workout.  This is the bra...


I think it's wrong that they didn't use a pregnant model for this.  Is this model supposed to be a post pregnancy model?  Well she looks perfect! 

Since I ran around yesterday, I was pretty pooped by the time I got home.  I still wanted to work out, so I turned to a PreNatal Pilates dvd that my lovely friend Anna sent to me.  THANKS ANNA!!! 


Since the lady on the cover (Dale) is preggers, you would think that the workout was not very intense right? Well, I have to say that she kicked my butt yesterday.  I came upstairs (our workout room is in the basement) from the workout and Nelson asked how it was.  I said "I didn't like it" and it was bc she worked me too hard!  Regardless it was a great workout and I will continue to incorporate it into my exercise routine.  

Today I will just stick my the trusty elliptical! 

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment