Jul 12, 2011

Harry Potter Baby @ 16 weeks





Since Nelson is a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Harry Potter, every time a new movie comes out, he gets invited to the premiere, which is usually held at the IMAX theatre uptown.  I went to one premiere with Nelson and he's been to an additional 2 movies with other of his Harry Potter friends.   We have a very dear friend at Warner Brothers, who was a Page with Nelson.  He's such a sweetheart and he knows how much Harry means to Nelson.  So needless to say Nelson is attending the IMAX season premiere tonight, Tuesday.  He's going with Jay and Judy who are both huge Harry Potter fans as well.  Why am I not going? Well I'm not as a big fan as they are and so I wouldn't want to take that away from the real true fans.  


Last Thursday, Nelson got an email from Nick, our WB friend, asking if Nelson and I would like to go to the North American Red Carpet Premiere of Harry Potter.  I can't explain to you how large Nelson's smile was.  He was so giddy and excited that of course, OF COURSE, we would go to the Red Carpet Premiere!  Regardless I was excited to go, it's such an event, not only bc there's a red carpet involved but it's the very last movie of a long run movie epic.  


I drove into the city for the premiere since it would be easier to get home earlier.  Just a side note, if you are ever driving into the city, use this site for parking: http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/ 
They have coupons all the time and yesterday we parked right in the Lincoln Center parking lot for 15.00 and the regular cost would have been 33.00.  


The Premiere was last night and we had a great time.  You can just feel the positive energy in the room, a great feeling.  It was so much fun, lots of excitement, lots of people, and lots of great actors and producers in 1 room. Even Governor Cuomo was there.  As I was walking out of the bathroom, with my head buried in my cell phone, I looked up and he passed right by me.  Caught eye contact and smiled.  Guess he didn't have much work to do last night?  



This is right before we walked into Avery Fisher hall.  I'm wearing a skirt that still fits me! Well I did have to bring it up above my very tiny itsy bitsy bump (not much there just yet).  

Right before going to our seats.  Everyone got Harry Potter 3D glasses.  What a money maker!

In March of 2009, Nelson had the plan to propose to me in the middle of Lincoln Center where the fountain is.  Well back then it was all boarded up so plan B was proposal in Central Park.  We haven't been back at Lincoln Center since, so we decided to hang there for a bit and reminisce.

After the movie, in the middle of Lincoln Center.

Nelson in his HP glasses and loving it.  

It was a fun time last night and I've come to appreciate the HP movies.  The movie was great, with lots of twists and laughs.  You should definitely go see it! 

I couldn't help but think during the movie when would Nelson introduce the HP books and movies to the little one.  We talked about it afterwards, and he said he was thinking about that as well during the movie and he figured at age 11 would be the perfect time because that's when Harry went off to Hogwarts.   How cute it that!

So hopefully we will have a soccer/harry potter/star wars/cooking loving kid!  

I have a feeling we will be getting some HP gear for our child in the near future :)



Expelliarmus!

3 comments:

  1. Kat, I love this blog. I'm experiencing so many of the same things and its nice to know I'm not the only one! My hubby and I had the Harry Potter talk too (I'm a huge fan too) and I just can't wait to share the books with the baby. I love that I will get to watch him/her read them for the first time.
    Thanks for writing and sharing :)
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rachel!!! hope the morning sickness goes away for ya! Fresh ginger in hot water helped me! and according to old wives tales, you're gonna have a girl if you are sick throughout the pregnancy and I do not wish that on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont wish you to be sick (didnt mean to sound like i dont wish you to have a girl) you know what i mean! :)

    ReplyDelete