Jul 26, 2011

Hot Dog Schmot Dog

So pregnant ladies can't eat hot dogs because of listeria, this also means you can't eat cold cuts, bacon, and sausages.  You can't eat bacon and sausages because of the nitrates... hmm ok, that sucks.  Lately all I want is a nice turkey sandwich for lunch.  Nothing fancy, just bread, turkey, and mustard.  I'm sure it wouldn't be a BIG DEAL if I did, but why even take the risk?


So a little trick that I do is buy the veggie version of the hot dog and sausage products.  They are just as processed but hey it's better than the processed meat parts.  Tonight I had a....
They really taste like meat corn dogs, so it does the trick!

In the mornings, I sometimes eat veggie breakfast sausages:
This is not a photo I took, it's from google images.

Again these are not the most healthy options, but they do provide a good amount of protein and are in low in fat.  

No matter what, I still question certain foods and if they are ok for me and the baby.  Then I think of the really bad options that I could be eating, like fast food hamburgers and mcnuggets and other stuff like that so I don't feel so bad to have a vegetarian corn dog.  I don't do it everyday! 

On another note, I was looking at the amount of regular clothes I have.  I need to get rid of a lot! If I can survive 9 months (well really 6 months) of wearing my small amount of maternity clothes, I can survive on a lot less clothes.  I'm sure I'll buy more maternity clothes later on, but I promise myself I won't go crazy.  Do I really need maternity underwear?  My trick is waiting for my free victoria secret panty and I buy the Large size.  So far I've got 2 free VS panties! 

Can you tell that is NOT my behind? :) 

I already lucky that my mother in law treated me to some maternity pants (jeans, black pants, corduroys) and a blouse and my supervisor at work gave me her maternity clothes from her time (Thanks Mama Castro and Suzanne!) that I really don't need to go crazy.  I also bought a few things online when Gap had a huge sale of maternity sweaters.  So I think I'll be ok.  I really don't care if I wear the same thing every week.  As long as it's clean, I'm good! And if I can fit in it, then even BETTER :) 

Ok time to lay in bed right now and listen to some music! Ladidadaaaaaaaa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment