Jul 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!

Today's my pop's bday! Poor guy, he has a really bad tooth ache and his face is swollen, so he will celebrate his bday in a little bit of pain! 

Speaking of Grandpa... I'm wondering if my parents will be called Grandma and Grandpa...All my life, I've called my father Papi or Pop, never Daddy or Dad, even though I know he wanted us too (deep down inside he wanted to americanize his name!) but we just never did.  Will our child call him Pop Pop, Abuelito? Lito? What about my mom? Grandma? Nanna? Lana Nanna? Mamasita? We'll have to talk about that!

As for the Castro side, I know that our child will call the grandparents Vava and Vavu (sorry for spelling).  Grandma in portuguese is a avó and Grandpa is o avô (wiki).  Our nieces Brenna and Skylar call them Vava and Vavu and that tradition will keep on going.

As I was googling "grandma in portuguese," this video came up (please note that if you get this blog in an email, you won't be able to see this video, so please go to the blog directly)
Thought it was funny.  Vava Castro was born in the US so no Portuguese startling!

This weekend we have a wedding on Saturday in CT which I'm excited to go too! Time to dress up! To treat myself, I went to get a mani and pedi yesterday and it's always so hard for me to decide on a color.  I decided to stick with the traditional red, which I'm ehhhh about.  I figured I couldn't wear crazy wacky summer colors so this is the color:
Red is safe to go with black.  During my pedicure, I told the lady, "no massage please" because if you get a massage between your ankle and lower leg, that can possibly cause contractions.  I didn't make this up, saw it in a pregnancy book and also was told by my family nurse, Kerry.  So not taking any chances.  When it came to massaging my hands, I said "Go for it lady!"


This is the dress I will be wearing:


 It's by Heidi Klum and I got it from Destination Maternity, only 30 bucks.  I thought I would be popped out more by this weekend, but I guess I can just stick out my belly.  I tried the dress on when I got it and it's fine for non-preggers too!  Very comfortable and happy that black is flattering.

Happy Wedding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment