Jul 23, 2011

Holy Moly It's Hot!

Yesterday it reached a record heat wave, 100 degrees! I was in AC all day and refused to go outside. This is not healthy for anyone!
If this was last year, I would have had my blender out and made some frozen margaritas! Hmmm Maybe next year! 



Instead Nelson and I went to the supermarket to score some Breyers Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream.  Go for Breyers bc they have minimal ingredients and no corn syrup.



For the fixins, we melted some ghiradella dark chocolate, added some organic strawberries and blueberries and also some walnuts.  It was so tasty and we had to eat it quick bc it was melting even in the air conditioning.
While I was making tacos for dinner, again the alcohol popped in my mind. I was dreaming of an ice cold corona.  Thanks to Nelson for not flaunting drinking in my face, but it also helped that we didn't have any beer in the fridge.


Today I woke up with some back pain so I did some yoga and it completely relieved it.  

I love this Yoga DVD.  We got it off of Netflix and Nelson burned a copy.  I used it a few times already and feel great every time I use it.  Speaking of DVDs, I got another shipment of fun stuff from my friend Anna. She is too much! (Hi Anna!)  THANK YOU!!! She's been sending us stuff non-stop.  Looking forward to trying out the Gabrielle Reece DVD!


Before going out into the heat today, I needed to munch on something nutritious and delicious.  So I decided to make some Kale butter.  It is very similar to Basil Pesto, minus the cheese and oil.  Here's a quick recipe:

Ingredients
1 bunch of kale rinsed and chopped ( I used Dinosaur kale and took out the spine of each leaf and used only the leaves)
1/2 C of walnuts
1/2 C of water (The water left over from steaming the kale)
Salt to taste (I did not add salt)

Make It Happen
Steam the kale for 5 minutes, until tender. Blend the cooked kale with the walnuts and 1/2 c of the green water from steaming. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.Process in a blender until smooth.

This is the result:




Getting in some greens and some walnuts (both great for us!)


This can be used on pasta and even wraps! Try it out, it's very easy to make.  


Ok off to another air conditioned house in Long Island.  Looking forward to hanging out with some girl friends!! Happy weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment