Dec 4, 2011

Officially Full Term!

So yesterday marked our 37th week, well at least the start of it and you know what that means? Our baby is full term! Wahooo!
There she is, nestled in there, waiting to come out.  I still feel her moving around, but only at certain parts of the day.  Happens usually after I eat, drink water, or lie in bed.  


Yesterday morning I had a burst of energy.  I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, prepared egg salad for lunch, then started another meal for later that day (mixed bean cassoulet).  Then after all that, I opened the fridge and decided to clean it thoroughly.  Now I hate cleaning out the fridge, but I just felt like I had to do it.  Hmmm I think the nesting bug kicked in for just a few moments.  I even organized the freezer, so that I could fit meats on one side and veggies on the other! phewww what a back breaking task.  Oh btw, every time our refrigerator door is open, it beeps after it's been open for a few seconds because it's one of the green fridges.  I can't tell you how annoying that was.  I was actually talking back to the fridge.  

Then later that morning, my parents came over and my mom came with me to BJs.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, my list looked as if I was never going to leave my house.  Ranging from Toilet paper to lotions, to chicken broths and other plenty of frozen food items.  I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the cart.  It looked like it was going to burst wide open.  

I saved a lot of money with coupons (Thanks mom) and honestly I didn't know what the final cost at the registry would be.  I didn't plan on it being too crazy, but then again, I didn't think twice about it.  Until she said it was a little over $400 bucks.  GASP! Well honestly we have A LOT of stuff, that will last us for a very long time.  Our pantries and closets are set! Party at the Castros!

It took me a good hour to put everything away and then I finished my mixed bean cassoulet which in my opinion came out OK.  Nelson liked it but it didn't really do much for me.  At least it's healthy.   My mother and I wrapped up christmas gifts so we should be all set for Santa.  

My parents and brother are coming over today to hopefully finish up the nursery, then next week we will get the furniture.  I am actually going to get a hair cut today and then head over to babies r us, again! I'm tired already but at least I'll get some pampering :)  Happy Sunday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment