Dec 30, 2011

My first parenting lesson - mommy can't be sick

ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE BREASTFEEDING!

yesterday afternoon after i fed jojo, i felt quesy and got the chills. What the? Nelson took me to bed and we took my temperature. It was close to 103.  i haven't had a fever in years! boy, so my doc gave me antibiotics. Took motrin and tylenol and within the middle of the night it went down to 99.

i went to the doc today to confirm that i have Mastitis. Which i do. In my right side. So i have to pump and dump that milk bc my temp is above
101. i actually thought i was getting better this morning but the chills came back on the way home from the docs. Fever spiked! i have a feeling it was bc i waited too long between feedings. Drat.

So right now im in bed and im icing my right boob. Fun and exciting.

Thanks to my parents and of course nelson. Im demanding water all the time :)

oh and i have to feed jojo every 2 hours from my ok boobie. So really no downtime for me! keep your fingers crossed that we knock this thing!!

Jojo is doing great though :) that's what matters to me

1 comment: