Dec 5, 2011

Good News and Bad News

Let's start off with the bad news... So this weekend we were supposed to head up to connecticut for the Annual Holiday Party. Guess what? We are not going. Wahhhh wahhhh...

No 3 french hens for me...

The good news is... I'm 3 cm dilated.  Last week I was closed and tonight we had our 37th week check up.  Nelson came to this one because we met with the labor coach, Sandy, who is also my doc's wife.  Before our appointment, she asked us if we had our tree up, christmas shopping done, etc etc.  I felt like the nerd "A" student by saying "Check! Check! Check!"  We have a lot of our stuff in order.  Then we went into the examining room, where both Nelson and Sandy were at.  The doctor did his internal exam, then had this surprised look on his face and 3 fingers up, 3 cm dilated! What? Looked over at Nelson, and we were both surprised, bc right before we went in, I said to Nelson "How much you want to bet that I'm 0 Cm dilated?"  He didn't want to bet me bc he thought I was right.  Ha! Of course, I was wrong!  

This little girl is trying to prove me wrong already. :)  From a snowstorm in October to a possible early birth!  So immediately I asked the doctor, can we go to a holiday party on Sunday in CT.  He and his wife pretty much said no.  He actually said, "Look I can't forbid you to go, but I highly do not recommend it."  "Even though my father is a doctor?"  "How many babies has he delivered?"  "Hmm I'm not sure, but maybe a few hundred?"  Then I just said Ok ok, we will stay put.  

We then ended up meeting with Sandy after to schedule our next appointment, which is next Tuesday Dec 13th at 11am.  She told us to bring our bag then because the doctor had mentioned that my internal exam was that good, that next week there's a chance my water might break at the next exam.  YIKES!  

Ok that's all for now.  We ended up coming home, finished packing the bag, and straightened up a bit.  Maybe, just MAYBE since we did all this, she will decide to stay put inside for another couple of weeks.

Oh btw, the nursery construction is done.  We are picking up the furniture on Wednesday.  I couldn't be more excited and frightened at the same time!

Night Night! 

1 comment:

  1. We won't be able to go either. :-(
    Praying that she comes when she is ready, your labor is tolerable, and the delivery smooth! I'm glad you realize who is in charge here, haha!!!

    ReplyDelete