Dec 31, 2011

Fever is gone! Happy New Year! :)

As of this morning, I felt back to my old self. Thank goodness! I hadn't been that drastically sick (well fever wise) in I don't know how many years. It really knocks you out! But now i'm up to speed with my little JoJo.  Thanks to my mom for being a key player! She stayed over for two nights and handed JoJo off to me for feedings and picked her up.  I was JoJo's drive through window in terms of her feedings :)  I'll take a large order of leche please with a few burps on the side.

I felt so much better that we decided to go for a quick walk at St. John's University.  It was in the high 50's temperature wise so we figured we could get out before the cold front comes in.  Here are a few photos.
Oh no! JoJo's left all alone.  What lousy parents!
 Just kidding!!! Testing out the jogging part of the jogging stroller.  Works quite well! Looking forward to the spring strolls in the park.
Daddy tried to wake Jo up, but of course she slept right through his tricks. 

Earlier today was JoJo's pediatrician's visit.  We weren't sure how much weight she gained.  After her birth, the pediatrician made us come back to see them 3 times, well actually 2 after the very first visit because she lost almost 10% of her weight, which is normal in newborns.  By the 3rd visit she upped her weight, and I didn't need to supplement with formula. woohoo!  Today's visit, I knew she gained, BUT I was kinda wondering if she lost some weight since I was only feeding her from one side for the past 2 days.  Well, she was a whopping 7 pounds 6 oz! Woohoo! Approximately an ounce a day.  She was 6 pounds 10 ounces last time we were there.  So keep it up JoJo! This is her face after a feeding.  I would say pretty satisfied, don't ya think?

Next visit is in a month!

Happy New Year everybody! Not sure if we will be up, but regardless 2011 was a great year and looking forward to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment