Jun 27, 2011

I love stretchie!

Stretchie shorts/pants/skirts that is!


I feel guilty shopping for clothes just because I know that I only need a few items for a short amount of time, however when a girl feels like she has nothing to wear, you just HAVE to go out and shop until you find something that fits comfortable and looks nice.  Last week I went to Old Navy and bought a pair of maternity shorts and maternity white capris.  I wore the white capris today for the first time. I can still wear my normal non maternity ones, but honestly they feel tight and who am I kidding? I want to feel comfortable.  Here are the ones I got from Old Navy:



They are comfy however it was kind of awkward wearing them today.  I was off from work so I went to the city to have lunch with my former boss at NBC.  Before lunch, I went to a few stores to see if I could find larger non-maternity clothes bc it ends up being less expensive.  During my shopping spree (mini spree) I found myself pulling up these capris the majority of the time.  Maybe it's still a little too early to be wearing them? When I was on the escalator in H&M I had to reach in the back of my pants and pull up my pants along with my undies bc I felt like they were falling down, you know like the plumber look.  Little did I know that there was a man standing right behind me on the escalator.  Ah well! Next time I'll adjust myself behind a rack of clothes or better yet, a bathroom.  


I will try to continue to use my belly bands too.  They are a life saver and I think everyone should invest in them for thanksgiving.  You can unbutton and even unzip your pants and the band still holds up your pants.  Still a little awkward at first, but I wore my jeans on 2 days last week with the band and they felt fine.  From the mini shopping spree, I bought a stretchie skirt, a pair of stretchie shorts, and 4 tank tops, ALL NON maternity! 


On another note, it's week 14! My belly is popping out a little but sometimes more at the end of the day which i think is more bloat than anything.  Starting from this week on, the books say you can possibly feel a fluttering, aka quickening.  14 weeks may be too early, and 18 weeks is usually a good time to feel, especially if it's the first pregnancy.  I'm on the look out and sometimes when I feel something, I ask out loud, "Is that you?"  Regardless if it is the baby or not, I know it has to do with our baby making all these changes.  And I just felt a little thing again as I just typed this. Kinda feels like a little twitch.  My uterus is growing as I type! 


Ok time for bed! Tomorrow I'll be swimming during lunch at work.  The baby's swimming in around in there, so I figured I could join him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment