May 16, 2011

Week 8: He's a Grape and I'm feeling it


So according to WebMD, the little growing guy inside is the size of a grape. How cute is that.  Nelson said that "he's definitely a red grape not a green one. He has lots of flavor."  Personally I think green grapes have lots of flavor too, but I hear what he's saying.

So today's Monday and it's a crappy day outside. It kinda matches how I'm feeling right now.  I didn't sleep well last night at all.  My stomach hurt before going to bed and I believe it was just indigestion.  So that in addition to sleeping on my side, and peeing every hour, was a recipe for a not so great night sleep.  However, I did still wake up at 6:30 and did a very light work out of the elliptical downstairs.  It's hard for me to drag myself out of bed, but I always think about the little person inside and that motivates me to get moving.

Plus there are so many benefits to working out while preggers:

#1 - You don't have to overexert yourself.  I have my heart rate monitor and make sure that I'm under 140 BPM
#2 - Boost your energy.  I normally feel so much better after exercising.  The days I don't exercise, I feel more nauseas and sluggish.
#3 - Sleep better.  I hope this stays true throughout the next few months!
#4 - Reduce pregnancy discomfort. This helps certainly with back pain and helps with the wonderful constipation. Bleh
#5 - Prepare for childbirth
# 6- Get your body back faster after childbirth.  This is a motivation in itself to stay exercising.

Now in addition to exercising, I'm on a mission to find the perfect pillow for me to sleep with.  I know a friend of mine used a Boppy pillow.  I never really saw it, but I heard she loved it.  Here are some photos of pillows I've been looking at:

This pillow seems like it would take up more than half of our kind size bed, so I don't think i need this. Also what a struggle it would be to get in and out of! 

This is something that might be up my alley.  I wish I can test this out without committing. 
They are about 60 bucks!

This is called the cuddle pillow.  Looks comfy but I feel like I can do that with my king size pillow.

The wedge.  This supports your growing belly.  I can wedge other pillows there too.

Now this lady looks the most comfortable of them all! I may need to invest in this one.  She looks so peaceful.  


My friend who has the boppy said that when her husband tried to cuddle with her, he would have this huge poking pillow in the way.  Sorry Nelson! :)

Looking at all these pillows has me feeling sleepy! Good thing I have a couch in my office.  I will sleep during my lunch time and dream of our little grape.

No comments:

Post a Comment