May 23, 2011

Our hearts melted a little this weekend...


Friday the 20th was Nelson's birthday and we both couldn't ask for a better bday weekend together.  We went out for Sushi with Mike and Brian King on Friday night (don't worry I didn't eat anything raw!).  Then Saturday morning we had an 11:30am appointment to see the doc and our baby. 

I have to say that we were both really nervous before going to the doctor.  I felt like it was my first day back at school with the nervous jitters, but even a little worse.  I was nauseas (partially due to morning sickness) and very quiet.  On our drive there, we listened to relaxing music and we were both hoping for the best.  

Got to the Dr's office EARLY (when are we ever EARLY) and I first had to pee on a protein/glucose stick.  That turned out fine.  I'm really not sure why I had to do that but apparently every time I go there, I have to pee on the stick.  Just a quick side note... I find it very difficult to pee in a cup, gross I know.  But I know that there are plenty of women out there, that either pee on their leg or on their hands before getting it in the darn cup.  Ok Sorry. 

The sonogram lady called us in and the time was up to see our baby.  Gulp!  The lady stepped out so I could undress and it felt like she didn't come back for an eternity, but it was only a minute or 2.  She was so nice.  Within seconds, we saw this beautiful little creature on the screen and his heart was pumping away! Then a few seconds later, we heard his heart! She said that he had a very strong heart beat.  Oh how great that was.  This is now real!

 You can see his head on the bottom right, then his body on the left.  If you look closely you can see his little feet too.  I think he looks like a jelly bean. 

After that wonderful experience, we then met with the Dr to go over any questions.  She examined me and said that I'm 9 weeks.  She also said that I'll be due around 12/27.  She even said 12/25 at one point.  I'm betting that he'll come 12/26.  My Bday! What the best present that would be! If that would be the case, Nelson said that my I won't have much attention on my bday.  Honestly once any baby is born, there's no room for me to be thinking about me me me, so I'm all for baby to take 12/26.  Usually due dates are never accurate, so who knows baby Castro may not even come out until 2012! 

We went shopping after the Dr's appointment.  We bought Nelson's  coworker a wedding present, I bought a boppy sleeping pillow that I love....





It looks like it goes around the entire back but it doesn't.  It curves around.  It's very comfy and so far my back feels great.  So hopefully when the belly grows more, this will come in handy.  

We also went to Lowe's to pick up some cilantro and tile for our 1st floor bathroom.  We will finally be able to set some time to work on the house (well Nelson work and I cook for his breaks) and I am looking forward to the bathroom being on the 1st floor bc I've been going a lot lately.  Going up and down the stairs is good exercise but it would be more convenient just to be on the first floor. 

That is all for now.  A great weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment