May 9, 2011

The Cat's out of the Bag...to just a few

Nelson and I decided that we would tell our immediate family that we were preggers before the 1st trimester ends.  At first we thought we could wait until mid-June to tell our parents and siblings, but it was way too hard to keep up with the lies. 


Last weekend, we went to my parents for a NY Mother's day and we decided to spill the beans then.  Before we told our family that day, we played in the backyard with our niece and nephew, Erin and Jack and I learned a parenting tip.  Erin just got a scooter and Jack got a little bike.  So of course I wanted them to race around and they both enjoyed doing that as well.  
On your mark, get set, go!


 And they're off!

 Parenting tip #1 - Do not ask your niece for a high-five when she is passing you on her first lap. It doesn't lead to anything good.
 Losing balance after the high-five.
 She's going down.
 The aftermath. She was fine, but did cry a little. No cuts or bruises but boy did I learn a lesson!

Jackie feels for her sister and wonders what happened.

So after all that excitement, Nelson and I decided to take out our Turks & Caicos photo book to show my parents and Jeff.  Luckily they all sat next to each other while they were looking at the photos.  In the photo album we planted in photos of the pregnancy test that we took in Turks and Caicos.

Looking at the beach photos. They took too long looking at the photos.

 Still looking through the photos.

 They are on the right page and Jeff notices the pregnancy test right away. "That's a pregnancy test"

 "Are you pregnant?"

"Yes" :)

 "Really, you are?" my mother asks.
It sinks in and the water works come through.
Pop's excited too.


Later on that day, I went to pick up Kerry from work.  I didn't tell her that I was pregnant when I picked her up. I wanted her to look at the photos. Her reaction was pretty awesome.





 It was really funny to look back at these pictures.    

 Then this past weekend, we were able to share the news with our CT family.  On Saturday, Nelson and I went to a Boston Red Sox game.  We took a limo on the way there and of course everyone was drinking.  I pretty much lied and said that I was taking anti-anxiety meds and I couldn't mix alcohol with the pills. Also, my allergies were bad too.  It didn't stop from people asking, "Are you pregnant?" I had to flat out lie. Sorry! 

On mother's day, we decided to ask everyone to dress in either black or white so we could do a family portrait.  Our idea was to get some nice photos and during one of the photos we were gonna say, "Say, Kat's Pregnant!"

Here are the photos :)

Castro and Sweeney Clan

Say, "Kat's Pregnant!"

Elaine said, "No she's not," and kept smiling for the camera.


Wait, you're serious?!
Hugs all around


It was a lot of fun sharing our news and now we can share our pregnancy highlights with our loved ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment