Feb 22, 2012

10 Pounds at 10 Weeks!

Today, Jocelyn is 10 weeks old!  Our day started with bringing daddy to the subway, then taking a morning nap...
I decided to put her in her crib this morning to see how she would do.  She only has been sleeping in her Rock and Play sleeper.  I also decided to half swaddle her to see what would happen.  She slept for a good 40 min and then woke up.  I watched her through the monitor the majority of the time and she would flail her arms from time to time but she was able to put herself back to sleep easily. 


Then later this afternoon we had our pediatrician's appointment for her shots.  Eek!  I was afraid for her.

This is her cute little face as we were waiting for the doc.  She was actually in a very good mood when we got there, smiling and relaxed.  Since this appointment was for her vaccinations, they didn't have to weigh her, but we asked them if we could see how much she weighed.  She came in at a whopping 10 pound 13 ounces.  She gained 1 full pound in 2 weeks.

As for her reflux, the zantac that she's on isn't quite taking away her pain.  She still stiffens up while eating and is a very fussy eater.  Today she would just cry when I attempted to feed her again after only eating for 5 minutes.  So the pediatrician recommended us to go to a Pediatric Gastroenterologist to get some more testing.  They will be able to figure out what will exactly work for her since the pediatrician isn't specialized in that.  Our appointment is next Monday! The doc also said for me to lay off the dairy, entirely.  I've been trying my best, but I feel like certain foods have hidden dairy! For example - this vegetarian cheese I have, has Milk protein! That makes me mad.  So for now, no butter which is fine I use Smart Balance, no cheese, no milk, no veggie burgers (has milk!), no chocolate, no icing on cakes! Seems like I can lose some weight from a no dairy diet! :)

So then after that discussion, she got the wonderful shots! She didn't do that bad actually, which was surprising.  Yes she did cry but I've heard louder shrieks! After leaving the office we took a little walk at a nearby outside mall. 

Check out this drugged up little face...
What a sad little face!

So what do you do with a baby that is so mellow?  Try to cheer her up with some shades!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment