Jan 22, 2012

Will never be the same...

Last night as we were going to bed (or shall I say nap since we would be up in a couple hours), I said to Nelson, "Our Saturday nights will never be the same as before."  He then said, "Yea and neither our Fridays, Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays." Can you tell we are new parents?


When you think you are going to sit down and watch a movie and eat take out (our attempt last night), there is no doubt that the plan will change.  Prior to baby, our weekends were our "stay at home and watch movie nights."  Now we still can watch movies, but it's definitely a challenge to watch the entire movie.  And each time we sit down for a meal, one of us has to go up to attend to baby.  May sound more like I'm complaining, but I see it as trying to accept our new lives.

and forget about having "lazy sundays."  Right now baby is sleeping, so we have 20 minutes left in our "lazy sunday."  Will feed her in a little bit!

Oh and I'm now on a new book - called Baby Wise.  Goes over some of the same principles of the other book I was reading.  Only problem I'm having is actually having the time to thoroughly read it. It's hard to read when your breastfeeding, pumping, and burping.  And when the baby naps, I can read but I'm too sleepy to read so I TRY to nap.  BUT this morning I figured something out... When Jo was on her play mat and in a good mood, I decided to read to her.  She didn't mind it.  I think she liked seeing my lips move and I'm sure she doesn't mind the subject.  She obviously wants the "gift of nighttime sleep" as the book says so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone, give her some activity, and read the book that benefits both of us.  BTW, the reason I'm reading this book is because another new mom recommended it.  Her son Brady (just 2 weeks) older than Jo is now sleeping through the night.  What a dream!!!

This was Jo yesterday - she was ready to hit the snow.  I love her Ralph Lauren Thermals, a very nice gift from Maria Helena - close family friend of the Castros.  Her cat hat is from Mercedes, which I love.  Jo on the other hand doesn't particularly like hats, especially when the hat falls over her eyes.  I'm sure she'll grow to love them.


Ok off to wake up the Sleeping Beauty  Happy Sunday!

1 comment: